By the way, I also provide SERVICE to build and design website for you. E-commerce is optional if you need. My package is the cheapest and comes with FREE domain and web hosting for ONE year 🙂
As I returned a book to the library at Natural Health Naturopathic Academy (NHNA) two days ago, I accidentally saw something that bothers me a bit. I saw a staff editing Dr. Jessie Chung’s photo. For those who do not know, Dr. Jessie Chung is the founder for Natural Health Farm. What he did is removing the wrinkles at the bottom of Dr. Jessie Chung’s eyes. Now, I understand why Dr. Jessie Chung looks so young all the time on those magazines. I heard about such thing but this is first time I saw someone did it in front of me.
I know that it is important to look good on those advertisement. That’s why we hire professional photographers, professional graphic designer and professional people to do the marketing. But, I feel that it is deceptive and hypocrites especially they are selling beauty and health products and using software to edit the face to look young on the advertisement media like magazines, books and flyers.
Personally, although I didn’t so such thing, I also gotta be real too. When I am not feeling well, I struggle to be real because I am afraid that I will loose my reputation as ‘health consultant’. I am scared of how other people look at me, studying nutrition, selling and taking health products, and yet can sick. But, the truth is we all are just a human. Although we take good supplements, this won’t promise that we will never get sick. This is because optimal health is not just about taking enough supplements. It also covers healthy lifestyle, emotional health, mental health and spiritual health and many other more like your occupational health. And it is not easy to cope with all these and with the right BALANCE at the same time.
Secondly, we have to accept the fact that we will get old. And no one in the world can prevents that. We can delay the process, but not stopping it all together. Having said all these, let’s still strife to live healthier 🙂
Blessings of Jan-Feb 2015
Although I do feel much challenges in these 2 months of the year, I realize also that I have also many blessings that I should be happy and thank God for these. First, I am grateful that I have a family trip to Penang with my parents in the month of February. I really can’t remember when was the last time we traveled together. This trip is a memorable trip for me especially ‘realizing’ that my parents are getting older and that I should cherish them more. I will plan a trip next month to Bukit Tinggi to also celebrate my mother’s birthday. This time will include my elder brother and sister in law too.
Then, I am also grateful to receive my first pay cheque as property negotiator selling a property worth RM 280, 000 in December 2014. The 2.5% commission I received really helped me to cover much of my expenses during my current unemployment. And the buyer also kind enough to let me find tenant for him after the ownership process completed.
I also happy to see that my akusihat.com now more content and I think I have improved in producing more quality content too. Thanks also for the input i received so that I can do something about it now. Although ShuangHor result is slow, I also gained much knowledge and experience during these 2 months after meeting with many people including a cancer patient to share to them about health knowledge and attended many seminars and training.
For my Diploma in Nutrition, I have started my case studies too and have 3 case studies on hand and 2 more this weekend. I forsee that by May/June 2015, I should be able to complete and close all my 5 case studies and hopefully can pass my exam also this year.
I also happy that my family has been there for me much during my down challenging times, as well as the friends that God has put into my life. And I have a blast too with some of them during recent Langkawi trip.
Thanks for reading. Will share more next round 🙂
Just thought of sharing this a little. When I first started this personal home page, one of the purposes is for me to sort out myself a little by writing down some of my thoughts. This is helpful to me as someone who tends to think too much (which get complicated easily). Sorry if some of the blogs get too inwardly focus and drowning you as public readers. I just need this. Sometimes, I change my focus to write to benefit my reader (as you can see from Tips Macam-Macam and IT section). I hope these type of blogs benefit you in one way or the other.Some context is more connected to Central Christian Church because I have been with this church for more than 16 years too.
The language of this blog is mostly English. Well, I wish I can write in other language especially Chinese but I am a banana (both primary and secondary school is Kebangsaan school). What to do 😀 But, I am thinking to make my writing more Malaysian than the proper style. Hmm…okay la I try try ya …For BM, my BM sucks too…so no choice already…So, I want to thank you if you still one of the few loyal readers…not sure if there any by the way 😀
Advertisement / Affiliation program
In the past, I didn’t make much money from the online advertisement. Believe it or not, only less than USD4 since year 2004! One of the reasons is I find it a bit hassle to do so manually in the past in my old home page and I thought also that this personal home page is more for myself and not a money-making website. Also, I am not sure what kind of advertisement Google will send to my home page. I worry if those website lead people astray or offensive.
But with this new home page using WordPress where I can easily manage the advertisement and I also learned how to filter out the suitable ad, I decided to add ad over here. If the ad money can cover my domain and web hosting cost, that will be good for start. But, if you do feel that my ad is not suitable, offended or shu you away, please let me know ya, so that I can do something about it. Thanks a lot 🙂
High & Low of Year 2014
Another year has gone. Indeed time flies. Some of my high and low highlight for year 2014.
Some low are:
- The much un-productive, un-purposeful, un-benefitial time spent online (i.e. facebook, forums), whatsapp, worrying, wondering, day-dreaming, laze around, Astro and etc.
- Still unable to find partner of life.
- Indirectly got retrenched.
Some high are below:
1. Involved and contributed my part for church Singles retreat – My bible talk group was in charged to plan Singles Retreat (Sungai Lembing, Pahang) this year. My involvement and contributions are preparation for the presentation slides show, help out in the ‘worship team’ in singing and helping out with the games section.
2. Lead Futsal Competition 2014 for my church with Je Mein – It is not easy. A lot of effort and time put in for this event. Glad that Je Mein helped much too. Due to my injury, at the end, I could not even participate and kena saman while collecting the medals. But glad that the brothers helps out a bit. Glad to see it a successful event at the end of the day.
3. Won first time as individual best dressed for Bolathon Charity Fun Run & Masquerade Walk 2014. Featured in some local newspaper too hehe…
4. After months of hard work, finally launched www.akusihat.com website. Has been added much content into it until today and will continue to share more regularly. More competent in using WordPress also after months of using it. With that knowledge, this personal home page is now in WordPress version too. Although the visitors of this website is still not that many and producing much result at this moment, I am proud of myself in producing this website and its facebook page too. Knowledge in health also grown as I read much, attended Diet and Nutrition Diploma course, online course from Open2Study and training and seminar from ShuangHor.
5. Sinus operation was successful and not longer having much sinus symptoms like sneezing, running nose which has been bugged me for years. The operation cost which is about RM 8,300 also covered by company medical insurance card.
6. Closed my first deal as part-time property negotiator after joining about a year. Although I haven’t received my pay cheque commission which will be only affter SPA stamped, I am happy to receive this blessing from God especially 1-2 weeks time I will be leaving my current company and still not yet received any job offer.