Besides selling your product in your own website, you can also consider using local eMarketplaces as well. eMarketplaces is like a big shopping mall where they will invite merchants or brand owners to setup own account. Merchant can then upload products, set product description and product pricing. Popular eMarketplaces have huge amount of traffic (people who visit their site). When more people visit eMarketplaces, the chances for consumer to find your product is high as well especially if your products are “hot” products. In return, this eMarketplaces will usually earn back from certain percentage (%) from each sales transaction from your store. Again this is a win-win situation for both parties.
There are the top 10 most popular eMarketplaces in Malaysia:
- 11street.my (by Celcom + SK telecom)
- Gemfive.com (by Hong Leong group)
- Lazada.com.my (by Rocket Internet, now owned by Alibaba)
- Lelong.my (Malaysia home-gown marketplaces)
- Lmall.my (by Lelong)
- Logon.my (by Sinchew Media Group)
- Shopee.com .my (Mobile 1st, by Garena)
- Shoppu.my (by AEON, Malaysia Largest Retailer)
- Zalora.com.my (Fashion Vertical)
With that, you can have your revenue from your own website (your brand) and from these eMarketplaces. Happy selling!
If you want to learn to setup your own website / store to sell products, I do have a short 10-hours hands-on workshop. This workshop teach you step by step from having a domain to setting up a payment option in your website and selling AliExpress product and drop shipping too. Contact me if you are interested to learn.