“Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.” Hebrews 12:14
Indeed for most men, impurity (i.e lust, pornography and sexual immorality) is one of our biggest struggles. Even Christian men can easily fell into it. The battles are even getting more challenging with this technology era where smart phones and Internet data plan have gotten more affordable to many (Internet and The Devils). Being a Christian for 14 years, this area remains an ongoing struggle still. Here, I have listed some of my efforts in fighting against it:
- 1. No smart phone – I think it has been about 5 years since the last time I use a smart phone.
- 2. No data plan – Without a smart phone, I don’t need a data plan and my tablet is on WIFI mode.
- 3. Installed kids launcher in tablet – With this free launcher application, my tablet could not access to any browsers and only limited to a few applications only.
- 4. No internet at home – I used to have portable dongle/modem to access Internet from laptop but I cancelled it one year plus ago.
- 5. Installed netnanny in personal laptop – Besides blocking myself from all those impurity websites, I also block Internet access from 8pm-8am during weekday and 12am-8am during weekday.
- 6. I always remind myself not to bring company laptop and its adapter back or to drain as much battery if I really need to bring it back.
What about you? What have you done to make every effort to fight in this area? If do you have more good solutions/tool to battle this, please share to me ya. Let’s fight this together 🙂