Today, during work, type out “singing forum vocal” and from then realize that I can learn much from here. And just now, went to the forum again. But, seems a lot of forum and much to read. But, I settle down in this forum called, http://singing.eblah.com
I spend quite a long time in this “Rate my singing” category. Wow, learnt much from the comment. Great tips from the experts there. Also feel a little comforted because hearing some less better than me when I got a hang of myself. But, I shouldn’t be proud and laugh at her which I did in my heart. No good. Repent.
Some really sing very well there like law77. Hope to hear more great singing from there to get inspired. I think hearing normal people singing inspire me more than the real singer. I think this inspiration insight began when I went to S.H.E singing competition yesterday. Indeed, I got inspired. And gotta bear in mind not to chase after to be a singer nor popularity but rather a better motivation, to sing better for my church and to inspires others because I’m not very talented. I think I give myself 2 out of 5 talent (Parable of the talent).
I think I will do the same, record myself down and post it for feedback. It is a good way. Actually, just by hearing myself I can give comment to myself but some I can see/hear it, blind spot.
I think I will also add some good website and forum link to my http://music.findingsteve.net for the help and benefits of others who go to my website.
Gotta record down the things I learnt from there.
- Use nose instead of mouth. Reason is because using mouth will dry out the vocal cord. But, mouth is used for quick breath taking.
- Remember resonance. It is like wood and guitar. Keyword is relax. To create voice of a fuller voice and ‘ringing quality’. Allow air in your wind pipe, lungs, facial sinus, nose and mouth (vibrate in the same wave cycle) more.
- the need of accompanient or vocal teacher.
- sing right types and range of songs. It is pop or others?
- there is something called raw material which is the voice. Is there any talent? How much?
- Use vibrato during warm up and straight during performance, to protect vocal cord.
Question to find ask about myself
- What kind of voice I have? Rich deep? Normal?
- How much is my voice talent? 1 to 5. [ self-awareness. honesty from others can really hurts here. ]